Location: Manchester, UK
We are seeking a Network Programmer to join our company working on exciting racing projects.
As a Network Programmer you will be the architect behind the Multiplayer aspect of our racing titles.
- Demonstrable experience of responsibility for the network development on at least one AAA game.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- A good understanding of game technology principles.
- Experience with security and anti-hacking approaches and techniques
- Unreal engine experience an advantage.
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general an advantage.
- Development of our networked and online components on a game project.
- Develop and maintain tools for testing and analysis of the multiplayer environment
- Work with designers and other programmers to ensure a cohesive and engaging multiplayer experience
- Advising gameplay and content teams.
- Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process.
- To be proactive and help with problem solving.
- Implement an architecture for synchronization of objects on multiple hosts in a networked environment
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Experience from working with networking technology and approaches, e.g. client-server, peer-to-peer
- Knowledge of low-level network APIs, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, sockets
- Experience of the platform specific services and APIs available for online presence, e.g. PSN, Xbox Live, lobbies
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be detail oriented with an extremely high bar for the quality of delivery.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in fast-moving development environments; needs to be flexible to cope with changing requirements.
- Able to work independently, prioritise and handle pressure.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your Cover Letter and CV.